Anti Ahmadiyya Movement in Isla 17th March 2003
Bismillah Al-Rehman Al-Raheem
A DIALOGUE BETWEEN MUSLIM AND QADIYANIYAH/AHMADIYYA IN TANZANIA On the subject; “ The finality of prophethood”
Report by Sheikh Buzulu Tanzania
This dialogue is traced back to the article entitled ‘KHATAM-un- NABIYYEEN’ Written By Dr Rashid and published in the weekly Islamic news paper ‘An nuur’issue No 467dated October 4 –10 2002 /Rajab 1423. Since then An nuur has been publishing a variety of article on the same subject. generally the article have very severely attacked the very foundation of qadianis which is belief in the prophethood of Mirza Ghulam Qadiyyan.
Provoked by the writing and in an attempt to save their ‘faith’ from the religion catastrophe, qadiyyanis through their news paper “Mapenzi ya Mungu” [the will of god] have essayed to reply to the writing, "Khatam un Nabiyeen' by Dr. Rashid
The following are points of argument from each side;
In arguing that Muhammad [saw] is the Last Prophet of Allah, Muslims have these points in their article bearing the title Khaataman Nabiyyin;
1. ‘Muhammad is not the father of any of your men but [he is] the messenger of Allahand the seal of prophets[Qur an 33;40]
2. "O! People! no prophet would be raised after me and no new umma [Community] after you." [Bulughul Maram, Seerat ibn hisham the last sermon]
3. "The tribe of Israel wasguided by prophet. When a prophet passed away, Another prophet succeeded him but no prophet will come after me only caliphs will succeed me’ [bukhar, kitab manaqib]
4. "There will be thirty liars in my ummah, each of them claiming to be a prophet But I am the khaataman nabiyyin there is no prophet after me." [sunan Abu daud kitabul fitan]
5. "I’m Muhammad I’mAhmad I’m the effacer and infidelity shall be erased through me I’m the assembler people shall be assembled on doomsday after my time." [Bukhar and Muslim kitabul fadhail Bab asmaun un nabii, Tirmidh kitabul adab bab asmaunnabii, muwata kitabulasmaun nabii, mustadrak sahihil hakim, kitabultarikh bab asmaun nabii]
6. "A man erected a building and adorned this edifice with great beauty but he left an empty niche in the Corner where just one brick was missing people looked around the building and marveled at its beauty but wondered why a brick was missing from that niche? I’m like unto that missing brick and I am the last in line of prophets’." [Bukhar kitabul manaqib]
7. “I’m the last in the line of prophets of Allah and my masjid is the last of masjid." [Muslim kitabul haj babfadhlu salatbi masjid maka and madina]
In addition the article has provided the readers with some quotation from Mirza books in which some Mirza himself denies his prophethood take for instance the following statements:
· “I understand that whatever contradicts the Qur an is fabrication hence why should a make a claim to prophethood while a Muslim? [Hamamatul Bushra Roohan khazain vol. 7pg297]
· ‘According to spirituality I’m the khaataman khulafaa in Islam just as maseeh ibn Mariam is the khaatamul khulafaa in Israel chain[ kishtee noh,Roohan khazain vol.19 pg 17]
· “I was the khaatamul walad [seal son] for my Father no child was born after me [Baraheen ahmadiyya part 5,Roohan khazain vol.21pg267]
· Also in Roohani Khazain vol.11 pg. 27 Mirza Ghulam Qadiani admit that he is not a prophet.
In conclusion 'An nuur' published about 40 arguments constructed by ahmadiyya concerning the meaning of khaatam as according ahmadiyya dictionary to which Muslim have this answer:
The arguments are generally unfounded because none of them has been supported by any tradition of prophet Muhammad[saw] despite their claim to have in the Qur an and hadith the Qadiyyanis have ignore the traditions which disproved their allegations why have these people done so? More over in all 40 example there is not a single example form Mirza writings now the qadiyyanis must be asked this question what did Mirza himself mean by the word khaatam?
This is very important question because when we refer to Mirza's own books we come across the contents, which elucidated his actual understanding of the word khaatam.
· In Baraheen Ahmadiyya, Roohan Khazain vol.212 pg113 Mirza says that he is ‘khaatamul l walad’ meaning he is the last son ‘I was khaatamulwalad [the seal of children]to my father no child was born after me’
· In Baraheen ahmadiyya part 5,Roohan khazain vol.21pg 26 Mirza Ghulam claim that he is khaatamul anbiyya- meaning he is a last prophet.
· In Kishtee Nooh, Roohani Khazain vol.19 pg 267 Mirza claim that to be khaatamul khulafaa- meaning that he is the last caliphs, “Spiritually I am the last caliphs in Islam the same as Jesus son of Mary was the last caliphs in the line of Jewish prophet”
Such are quotations from Mirza's own books prove that the word Khaatam according Mirza himself means finality. If the phrase khaataman nabiyyin were to mean the coming of other prophets then there should come at least three more prophets so as to qualify the word khaatam this is according to Arabic grammar. But the writings of Mirza inform us otherwise. In Kishtee Nooh, Roohani Khazain vol.19 pg 61 he says:
· “ Blessed be he who recognizes me in all the ways of god I’m the final way of god I’m the final way in all his lights I’m the last light”
The Qadianis/Ahmadiyya position
In the defending their position or in other words in maintaining that Muhammad [saw] is not the last prophet and that Mirza Ghulam Ahmad has succeeded him, qadiyyanis have these points in their article Entitled “An nuur lacheza matipwi. [An nur plays a childish cooking game] published in the November 2002 issues –No 83-834of ‘Mapenzi ya Mungu’
· The Holy Qur an [33:40] applies the word khaatam in the sense of ‘stamp’and ‘superior’ and not in the sense of ‘finality’
· The holly prophet Muhammad[saw] has twice used the word khaatam in two different meanings he first referred the word to the ‘ring’and secondly the ‘stamp’ not in the sense of finality [bukhar kitabul libas]
· In the [writer of the article] hope that our readers will feel contented as they have been provided with an instance from both the Quran and tradition hadhrat Ahmad [Mirza] the holy founder of ahmadiyya has started, that tradition [hadith] of prophet Muhammad [saw] are the interpretation of the holly Qur an and are guidance and he who is opposed to tradition is not related to us.
· Tradition which are in contradiction with the Qur an verses and other authentic tradition should as according to Islamic faith be regarded as false and rejected ‘except perhaps for the prophet of Satan [Dr Rashid] who would always refer to fallible traditions. No doubt therefore that hadhrat Ahmad [Mirza] and his followers believe, follow and obey the holly prophet Muhammad [saw]
· When Hadhrat Mirza wrote ‘I am the last of children ‘khaatam-ul-walad’ he actually meant that he is the best of children above that he added a sentence ‘though no child was born after him’there for he used the word[khaatam]to mean ‘the best’and not the last [Baraheen ahmadiyya vol.5pg113]
· The prophet of Satan ‘Dr Rashid’ has alluded to Roohan khazain vol.21 pg26 arguing that Mirza claim to be the last prophet, khaatam-ul-anbiyya’. In the first place Hadhrat Mirza did not write any where that he is the final prophet. I have opened the page mentioned in article but there is no such statement. More over I have gone through pages 126, 226 and 326 but none of the pages contains the alleged statement. This instead, seems to be a deception of ‘prophet of Satan.’
· In Kishtee Nooh, Roohani khazain vol.19 pg17 he [Mirza] has not written to mean that he is a last of caliphs among the –khaatamul khulafaa but has meant that he is the best of caliphs among the belonging to prophet Muhammad in the same way as Issa [Jesus] son of Mary was superior to caliphs in succession to Moses [p.b.u.h].
· Ahmadiyya are agreeable to accepting all the meaning of the word khaatam without bias our contestants should scrutinize their position [i.e. act likewise]
· Our readers ought to understand that sending prophet is the divine task as God says in Qur an [6:125] should you be in need of further evidence about Allah’s will to continue sending prophet until the last day refer to the Qur an [7:36], [22:76]
· Hadhrat Ahmad [Mirza] has written in Kishtee Nooh that he is the path and until ultimate light but this does not imply that he is the last of prophet but what it actually means is the direction of light already abstained from God to this moment he is the of such light. It does not mean that the other cannot come.
· Voices are raised that Muhammad is the last prophet which means there cannot any other prophet but in the meantime they [the people concerned] believe that logically means that our contestant do not believe that the last is Issa bin Mariam.
· The crown of khaatam [the prestige of being final] is not some thing to be so easily stolen. We, Ahmadiyya, are defending it so that it should permanently settle on the on the Muhammad [saw] head. However much you will be trying to hand over the crown to Jesus you will not be able to do so. We will not allow Muhammad [saw] crown to be given to any one.
· Stop propagating malignance, which is harmful to peace in the country, such malicious columns tend to cause confusion. Desist! Don’t dispute with the messenger of god please don’t estrange people if you are unable to advocate Islam you had better at least avoid spoiling its esteem [tarnishing its reputation] you just continues with your polities and leave religion to religious people.
· When the word khaatam is connected with ‘jam’u’ in the rules of mudhaafu and mudhaafu ilaihi it should mean mudhaafu in singular and in plural it should be mudhaafuilaihi as it has been used in the phrase khaatamunabiyyin [here is khaatam is mudhaafu and an nabiyyin is [many prophet] is mudhaafu ilaihi] the word does not mean ‘last’ but it means ‘the best of them’ and ‘their stamp’
· About 40 example have been quoted in An nur. On the contrary, if our contestants in general will bring us only one example varying in the Arabic usage expounded above we will award them ONE MILLION SHILING [1000,000]
· This is not a game of chance but a game prophecy of Prophet Muhammad [saw] that Imam Mahdi will have plenty of wealth to supply people with but people be able obtained.
In conclusion the article has quoted a verse of the Holy Qur an [2:24-25]
WHO IS MIRZA OF QADIYYAN/
In its October 22-24/2002 shaaban 1423 issue No470 An nur published an article entitled, Who is Mirza of Qadiyyan? The article described the way Mirza glorified himself, quoting the following statements:
1. So does anyone doubts that god sent Muhammad[saw] once again (as Mirza) to Qadiyyan Land to fulfil his promised?’ [kalimatul al fasl review of religion pg. 105no3vol.14]
2. Muhammad has descended and greater in his glory than before
he who want to see Muhammad in perfection should look at Mirza Ahmad in Qadiyyan [Poetry by Qazi zahoor Ahmad Akmal ,printed in Qadiyyan news paper paighan-us dated 14 march 1916 ]
1. Maseeh Mowood [Mirza] is not a separated being from Holy Prophet Muhammad [saw] but it is He himself who has come again in this world in with a realistic look so is there any doubt that god has sent him again Qadiyyan [kalimatul fasl 104-105 review of religion Qadiyyan march1915]
What has been said above is;;
· Mirza is prophet and messenger god
· Mirza is not separated entity from holy prophet SAAW
· Mirza is the same rank of prophet Muhammad SAAW
· Mirza is re incarnation of holly prophet Muhammad SAAW
· Mirza is better than prophet Muhammad SAAW
· Mirza is the last prophet
· There Mirza is the khaataman un nabeyiin
These statement make it explicit how extremely ill-mannered, perverted and fickle-minded Mirza was
In their news paper ‘Mapenzi ya Mungu’ issue no 85 dated Shawwal 1423/Dec 2002’, The qadiyyanis have answered thus:
· The mission of Mirza is to return people to the pure teaching of Islam and Prophet Muhammad has accepted him [mustadrak kitabul fitah]
· Revelation of the Qur anic verse: A part from the usual way of revelation there is other ways of inspiration in which one is inspired through the verses of the holy Qur an. Several servants of god were inspired in such a way as was Hadhrat Ahmad [Mirza]. He was sent a message equal to the Quranic verses. This is the blessing of the Qur an.
· Ahmad is an admirer of Muhammad [saw]: The founder of Ahmadiyya Hadhrat Mirza Ghulam Ahmad was an admirer of prophet Mohammed and a knew him best, that’s why God chose him as the leader of modern age [3:32]
· The blessing of obedience to Prophet Muhammad [saw]: All those who obey Allah and Messenger are in the company of those on whom is the grace of Allah: of Prophets [who teach], the sincere [lover of truth], the martyres and the righteous [who do good]. Ah! How the beautiful is their company’ [4:70]. So this verse means that once you obey God and prophet sincerely you will attain a rank of sincere truth lover, others will attain the rank of martyres and still others will attain a rank of prophethood. That is why we always recite surat fatiha when performing our prayers, we also pray for the prophet so that he attain those blessings bestowed upon Ibraham [a.s] and his followers who also attained prophethood. After one thousand and the three hundred years, God Almighty has endowed us with a blessing of appointing Hadharat Mirza Ghulam Ahmad. It was in*****bent upon Muslims to thank god by following Mirza.
· As regard the poetry that glorifies Mirza: In this poem Akmal says ‘Muhammad has descended [come down] again from among you selves in the higher glory, then previously he who want to see him should look at Mirza’. As a matter of fact when this poetry was presented to our second caliph he objected to it for it does not portray a pleasant picture therefore a poet cancelled it. Now why Dr Rashid persists in using poem while a poem has invalidated it? (Surprisingly, Mirza himself approved this poetry and reportedly said JazakAllah to the poet. When Mirza approved it, who is his Khalifa to cancel it? and we are here discussing Mirza and his beliefs - Author)
AZ ZAWAAID - A Muslim Newspaper
Az zawaaid publication issue no 1 of October 2002, published the article, which described Mirza's greed for money, referring to several events proving that the man in question was greedily after money. For example:
· On one occasion Mirza managed to obtain money through subscription, as he announced to the public that he was intending to publish a fifty-volume book but at last after raising funds, Mirza published only 4 volumes of this book, and he did not return the money to those who paid in advance.
· On the other occasion Mirza swindled money out people by violating the mathematically [numerical] procedure. Mirza contended that the difference between 5 and 50 was just zero instead 45, so by the writing 5 volume he claimed to have accomplished a project of 50 volume.
· Also the article questioned why Mirza claimed to be God [Rohaani khazain vol.15 pg. 103]
ANSWER FROME AHMADIYYA [QADIYYANIS]
In the January 2003/Dhulqada 1423issue no 87 of ‘Mapenzi ya Mungu’Qadiyyanis replied thus:
· Mirza truly announced to publish his fifty volume book. now if there is anybody alive whose grandfather donated money for the purpose, he should produced evidence so that we can refund him but not to blame Mirza. (But the fact remains that Mirza did not return the money - author)
· About Mirzs saying that the different between 5 and 50 is zero, that is no uncertain matter for even prophet Muhammad in the night of Mairaj, had prayers minimized, instead of 50 there were 5. So by Mirza writing of 5 volume instead of 50 there should exist no doubt.
· Regarding Mirza's dream that he was God, there is nothing doubtful because prophet Yusuf [a.s] had a dream that the stars, the sun and the moon prostrated to him. Also in the battle of badr God says 'It is not you who slew them it was it was Allah; when thou threw west [a handful of dust]it was not thy act but Allah[8:17] Would it be said here that Muhammad [saw] was god?
About the explanation of vision, Alama sayyid Abdul ghani annblus says in his book, “Taabir of stars”, anyone who saw in a dream that he was God it should mean that God would soon make him that person attain the guidance he desires.
Dr Rashid is a dangerous prophet of Satan:
In their Qadiyani Newspaper 'Mapenzi ya Mungu' issue no 84, the qadiyyanis warn that both Dr Rashid and Abdul Hafeez Shah are prophets of Satan. Dr Rashid once claimed that he is prophet Elias [a.s] but his mission was banned by Pakistani government under act 260 of the constitution. It was Mirza Tahir the leader of ahmadiyya who exposed Dr Rashid allegation in 1994 so Dr Rashid is prophet of Ibilis.
SubHanAllah. When they could not prove the truthfulness of Mirza and defend the allegations against him, they started throwing dirt in the eyes of people by saying that Dr Rashid is the prophet of ibless or that Dr. Rashid has also claimed to be prophet. This is a pathetic attempt to discredit th work of Dr. Rashid and inshaAllah Muslims will not be decieved by such propaganda.
Sheikh Buzulu firstname.lastname@example.org